Is anyone else having a foul odor and taste to their tap water? Also, the pool looks terrible after only two days! Why are only the mens restroom only open one day and the womens the next? Who do we contact for these issues? Kramer-Triad? I was going to have a cookout but with the water quality and look of the pool, I canceled it. How embarrassing!
The summer season doesnt seem to be starting out well at Thornton Farms.
10 comments:
We have salty water too ... haven't been to the pool yet, but I'm very disappointed to hear it looks terrible ...
YES! Our water tastes TERRIBLE! We actually went out and bought a few gallons of water because the taste is so bad.
I haven't been to the pool, either, but I am sad to hear it is bad. There was a party at the clubhouse last night, and it was pretty crowded over there. Could that contribute?
We've had the same problem with the water before and also tasted like it yesterday and today. We've been in contact with the water treatment facility before and he instructed us to run the tub or water for about 10 minutes to clear out the lines. Once we did that the water tasted fine.
However, i'm sad to hear this is a community wide problem. If it still tastes bad you can call the number at Kramer triad and they will get in contact with the water company.
Yes the clubhouse had a party and let several people into the pool and swam til at least 10pm.
Same problem with the water. Usually I drink it straight from the tap but I went out and bought a water filter pitcher today.
I hate to say this...but this water is MUCH worse than our water in Northern Cali, which was really quite terrible.
Not even our filter makes it drinkable.
Blech
I am doing research on water softeners and conditioners. Does anyone have one? Any reccommendations on a brand and if they really make a difference in the quality of the water (smell and taste).
We just put in a water softener on mother's Day. The last few days of water have been just awful tasting.
But at least it is soft :)
We purchased a GE softener from Home Depot and had our neighbor install it. We are new to Thornton Farms and haven't experienced this water before. I don't know if it's any better tasting with the softener.
The HOA said that Highland water is aware of the problem and working on it. If you call the office they will give you their number and you can follow up personally.
Apparently the air compressor in the water system wasn't running at capacity. They were aware of the problem and that's why we had the "light flush" this past Thursday. The water levels were still within the normal limits, but there was a higher amount of hard water that was "released" into the lines. The flush should have eliminated that water and we should be back to "normal" water now.
Well we haven't "noticed" a change yet. The water still smells disgusting! When we first moved in they water never smelled like this.
And there needs to be better communication when a flush is being done. Not the day its happening...
Post a Comment