They are meant for stopping! Yesterday I was stopped at the sign, and a guy came flying around the corner of redwood tr by the clubhouse and nearly hit my car. And this was not a young guy, it was a guy in a van!
I think they should post where all the new signs are or are going to be placed. I've lived here since 3/06 and are not use to so any new signs especially the three(?) new Beechwood signs. I do support additional signage, but the some signs are not in the best of locations.
You shouldn't need to be told that there have been STOP SIGNS installed. When the one on Beechwood were installed, I stopped at the mailbox on my way to work (no stop signs), but they wer there when I came home that evening. I saw them, had no need to be told they were comming. My only thought was "about time"
The signs are in plain visible view. I dont think they need to be posted where they are either. I actually think a few more are needed in the back of the sub. But this one was on beechwood and redwood....TOTALLY visible for EVERYONE to see. People are just ignorant and ignore them. What good are they if we dont use them?
I have actually missed these signs too. I've lived here for about 4 years now and just wasn't used to them. My husband almost went through one until I said there's a stop sign. I've talked to several neighbors who have said they've gone through them too. I actually think some of them are not as visable as they should be. They are placed right infront/behind trees in some locations. I agree people need to learn they are there and stop, but I can understand how people have missed them.
I guess I just dont get it. I check all around me because of children and other cars, and I didnt miss any of them. And the one on redwood and beechwood is not behind anything.
Like Melissa I did not miss the stop signs either. I have lived here since 2006 and have been asking for stop signs since a month after I moved in. Perhaps it's because I've been waiting so long for them to put them in that I really noticed them. Also I drive about 20mph through the community and I am always looking out for children, dogs, joggers, kids on bikes.
I also agree with Melissa about more stop signs in the back of the community. I have asked for those as well. If we keep asking eventually they will put them in. Hopefully it will not take another four years for it to be done. By the way I have to say the "We love our children, please drive carefully sign" is wonderful.
The bottom line is you should treat your community like you would the road which means you obey the speed limit, as well as pay attention to and obey all possible signage. It's the only way to keep our children and residents safe from people who have this great desire to drive really fast to their house or to Jackson/Parker Road like they have somewhere really important to go.
I agree people should obey signs and drive slowly. I have two small children and drive very carefully in the neighborhood. I've always slowed down where all the new stop signs are, I just didn't notice them right away because they hadn't been there for so long. I've seen more cars not stop than stop at these new signs too, so either people are missing them or ignoring them. I'm sure this will start getting better. Does anyone know what happened to the new stop sign in front of the clubhouse? Yesterday (i think it was yesterday) it looked like it had been run over.
I just spoke to a customer service rep at Kramer Triad about the broken stop sign. He said they've received several calls from residents about the sign. A tech will be out here today to look at the stop sign. I don't know exactly when a new one will be up. Hopefully it will be just a couple days.
The sign was apparently run over...don't know how or why, but it was. I saw it the day after it happened and we are in the process of getting a new one installed. For anyone that doesn't know...there are now stop signs in front of the clubhouse (all 3 directions) and down by the temporary mailboxes (all 3 directions). This should eliminate people speeding through our community. They are all in plain view, just gonna take some time for people to get used to them.
10 comments:
I think they should post where all the new signs are or are going to be placed. I've lived here since 3/06 and are not use to so any new signs especially the three(?) new Beechwood signs. I do support additional signage, but the some signs are not in the best of locations.
You shouldn't need to be told that there have been STOP SIGNS installed. When the one on Beechwood were installed, I stopped at the mailbox on my way to work (no stop signs), but they wer there when I came home that evening. I saw them, had no need to be told they were comming. My only thought was "about time"
The signs are in plain visible view. I dont think they need to be posted where they are either. I actually think a few more are needed in the back of the sub. But this one was on beechwood and redwood....TOTALLY visible for EVERYONE to see. People are just ignorant and ignore them. What good are they if we dont use them?
I have actually missed these signs too. I've lived here for about 4 years now and just wasn't used to them. My husband almost went through one until I said there's a stop sign. I've talked to several neighbors who have said they've gone through them too. I actually think some of them are not as visable as they should be. They are placed right infront/behind trees in some locations. I agree people need to learn they are there and stop, but I can understand how people have missed them.
I guess I just dont get it. I check all around me because of children and other cars, and I didnt miss any of them. And the one on redwood and beechwood is not behind anything.
Like Melissa I did not miss the stop signs either. I have lived here since 2006 and have been asking for stop signs since a month after I moved in. Perhaps it's because I've been waiting so long for them to put them in that I really noticed them. Also I drive about 20mph through the community and I am always looking out for children, dogs, joggers, kids on bikes.
I also agree with Melissa about more stop signs in the back of the community. I have asked for those as well. If we keep asking eventually they will put them in. Hopefully it will not take another four years for it to be done. By the way I have to say the "We love our children, please drive carefully sign" is wonderful.
The bottom line is you should treat your community like you would the road which means you obey the speed limit, as well as pay attention to and obey all possible signage. It's the only way to keep our children and residents safe from people who have this great desire to drive really fast to their house or to Jackson/Parker Road like they have somewhere really important to go.
I agree people should obey signs and drive slowly. I have two small children and drive very carefully in the neighborhood. I've always slowed down where all the new stop signs are, I just didn't notice them right away because they hadn't been there for so long. I've seen more cars not stop than stop at these new signs too, so either people are missing them or ignoring them. I'm sure this will start getting better. Does anyone know what happened to the new stop sign in front of the clubhouse? Yesterday (i think it was yesterday) it looked like it had been run over.
I just spoke to a customer service rep at Kramer Triad about the broken stop sign. He said they've received several calls from residents about the sign. A tech will be out here today to look at the stop sign. I don't know exactly when a new one will be up. Hopefully it will be just a couple days.
The sign was apparently run over...don't know how or why, but it was. I saw it the day after it happened and we are in the process of getting a new one installed. For anyone that doesn't know...there are now stop signs in front of the clubhouse (all 3 directions) and down by the temporary mailboxes (all 3 directions). This should eliminate people speeding through our community. They are all in plain view, just gonna take some time for people to get used to them.
yea it was stll there that day :)
Post a Comment