Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Missing stop sign

Does anyone know who to contact regarding the broken STOP sign on the corner of Beechwood/Redwood Trail. I noticed the sign is lying on the side walk.

16 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't even notice it on the ground, I did see where it was gone. I'd give Kramer Triad a Call and they will fix it.

nmhome said...

The biggest problem with the sign being down is the remainder of it sticking out of the ground, just enough so you can't see it from a distance, but enough that it could really hurt someone if they fell on it. I did call Kramer Triad about it yesterday. Evidently they weren't that concerned about it, because it is still in the ground today.

allweathermom said...

Yes, I noticed it too and was very upset because I have been waiting for that stop sign for four years now. It is disturbing to think about how and why it happened. Did someone knock it done with their vehicle or did they personally knock it down? I can't imagine the twisted person that would actually do something like that.

I agree that the metal sticking out is dangerous. The other problem is now that the sign is gone people once again have license to whip around that corner like they're on a racetrack.

I will also call Kramer Triad this morning and ever day after until it's fixed.

allweathermom said...

I just spoke to Kramer Triad customer service and they said a tech will be out here today to look at the the stop sign. Let's hope a new one is up before the weekend.

Melissa said...

Im sure someone hit it. Thats what happens when people ignore the signs and speed limits. It takes more then a few miles to knock things down.

nmhome said...

I am sure someone did not hit it. It wasn't just bent over, it is cut off. It has been 2 days since I spoke with someone from Kramer Triad, and the metal is still sticking out of the ground. The pole has been pulled away from where it was, and the sign has been taken off of it. The metal sticking out of the ground is a BIG accident waiting to happen.

Mike and Casey said...

Looking at the damage to the sign, I have to agree with cribmait that the sign was most likely removed maliciously.

TheNfamily said...

I noticed the actual stop portion of the sign is missing, at one point it was laying there and it should be returned if someone "took it home with them". I understand that it looks as if it was cut down, but to save the sub some money, the red STOP sign should be reused instead of us purchasing a new one.

Melissa said...

I didnt know it had looked as if it had been cut. I didnt see it.

Elizabeth Scott said...

I witnessed the "accident" from a few houses down. A car ran it over, and it seemed pretty deliberate. They drove up to the stop sign, gunned the engine, ran over the sign, and drove off. It was a younger person in a grey Seabring. The police were called, but I am not sure if they responded. One of the homeowners whose yard backs up to the sign called. I have a fairly good idea who did it, and am trying to get a hold of a license plate number.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the stop signs are up, but they are a joke! I live at the far end of Beechwood and people barely stop at them. They come whizzing in the sub, way over 25, do a rolling stop and continue to go. Since we put all this money into to stop signs, the same needs to be done with speed limit signs. Someone is going to get hurt the way people drive in this sub. All along Beechwood there are kids playing outside on a daily basis and drivers DO NOT pay attention to them or even seem to care. Everyone needs to slow down. I would hate for a horrible accident to happen!

scott & molly said...

It WAS run over. The new signs we are having installed all have that "base" in the ground. It acts as a sleeve that "breaks away" when struck. This makes it much cheaper to replace them. All they need to do now is literally drop the sign into place. What's left in the ground stays there.

As far as knowing who did it..if you can get me that info, I will pass it along and we can begin working on getting it taken care of.

The stop signs are something that people have wanted for years. We finally got them installed to reduce speeds throughout the community and they are already helping. Yes, there are people who are not stopping however they may well not see them (or pay any attention to them). This is NOT an excuse for anyone, as they are ALL visible with any sort of effort. It may take a few weeks for people to get used to them. By the time school is out, hopefully people are obeying the signs and our traffic problems are at least better, if not eliminated.

Melissa said...

And it is a known law that if there is not a speed limit sign the maximum speed is 25. I think everyone who has taken drivers ed should know that. Its the carelessness.

Anonymous said...

Well Melissa, do you have kids? I think 25 is still way to fast to be driving through a sub with children who are riding bikes, scooters, who may accidentally run into the street and grab their ball.
I think speed limit signs with 15 should be posted.

Melissa said...

Actually, yes I do, 3 of them, and I also have a daycare. The main reason of me fighting so hard to get fences passed is speeders and people who don't pay attention.

I never said I go 25, but if there is NO SPEED LIMIT SIGN, the maximum anyone can drive is 25. It doesnt mean I agree with it, I usually go 15 max, and if I see kids out closer to 10. I see people going way faster then 25daily on Redwood Tr.

scott & molly said...

The problem with that is....as you will notice from the tree, fence and house that were run over - not everyone has taken driver's ed.

:(

The new stop sign was delivered yesterday (or maybe it was returned, not sure...it was on the sales office porch) so it should be getting replaced soon.

Scott Hummel
Thornton Farms Board of Directors
scottdhummel@yahoo.com