Does anyone in the neighborhood have a high speed internet provider other than Comcast? We continue to have trouble with them, and are wondering if anyone has found another option.
sadly they are all I can find right now. AT&T DSL, Verizon DSL, AT&t UVERSE are not available in this area.
An alternative but equally unreliable option would to be go through direct tv or dish network but their internet is down a lot as well and is still very pricey.
If you change your DNS settings on your router to use the Google public DNS you might notice a pickup in speed (I definitely did).
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Comcast also 'slows' certian sites (Hulu/Youtube) down so you are forced to use their services (fancast) once I switched to Google's public DNS I have had a lot fewer drops with video streaming.
3 comments:
sadly they are all I can find right now. AT&T DSL, Verizon DSL, AT&t UVERSE are not available in this area.
An alternative but equally unreliable option would to be go through direct tv or dish network but their internet is down a lot as well and is still very pricey.
If you change your DNS settings on your router to use the Google public DNS you might notice a pickup in speed (I definitely did).
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Comcast also 'slows' certian sites (Hulu/Youtube) down so you are forced to use their services (fancast) once I switched to Google's public DNS I have had a lot fewer drops with video streaming.
-Kurt
Post a Comment