Friday, March 7, 2008

Trash Service (Updated)

Well, folks, I've officially joined the ranks of the Allied Waste Haters Club. I am amazed at the lack of customer service with this company. I came home today to find that my trash had once again not been picked up and spent my entire lunch break on the phone with them. Essentially, they're claiming that our service was stopped for an unpaid bill, which we never received. They also claim that they sent out a letter (which we also never received.) They could give me no reason that no one called us, or returned my calls from two weeks ago, instead just told me that it was my fault for not having their phone number (which is not on their website.) In fact, the only way I got their "customer service" number was by calling the Thornton Farms sales office, getting the number for the sales rep (who is apparently different than it used to be) and getting the number from his voice mail.
I'm so disgusted right now that I can't believe it. And I am done with Allied Waste.

2 comments:

krook said...

I've never switched to Allied and don't plan to until/unless they recycle on the same day as the garbage pickup. Even then, I probably won't switch unless I'm forced (i.e. it becomes a part of the association fees).

Matt and Karen said...

Yeah - I never switched either. We're very happy with Waste Management. Especially since they bill our checking account - I hate seeing and paying bills. Kramer Triad is currently in the process of taking bids from various waste removal companies - I hope Waste Management comes out on top.