Hi Everyone,
I was at the association meeting when the increased water fee was rolled out, and agreed that it was most likely a good idea. But I was horrified when I received my water bills the other day. Our house bill was higher than normal, as expected, but what most annoyed me was the "lawn" bill, which once had a credit, now had a $30 deficit. Even though we are not even using our sprinklers (in the dead of winter) and use them sparingly in the summer, we have to pay $15 a month on them? I was under the impression the extra fee was per household, not per water meter. Can anyone provide insight on this issue? It may not seem like $15 is a lot, but I would prefer not to be nickeled and dimed out of my house...
4 comments:
HI,
I just contacted Dean Williams and we should only be billed on the main meter of each house ($15 per home). He will call next week to get this resolved. Will post more details once I hear back from Dean.
The $15 fee is for the "house" meter and should not be charged for the "lawn" meter. We are in contact with the billing company to make sure they remedy any billing errors that have occurred. If your water bills are not correct by the next bill, please let me know and we can contact the water billing company again.
I apologize for any inconvenience to anyone that had this issue. (If it's any consolation, you are not alone.)
Scott Hummel
Thornton Farms Board of Directors
I realize that I have only myself to blame for missing the community meetings and therefore not knowing what is going on with the water bill but my bill has doubled since I first move in 5 yrs. ago. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the "house bill" and "lawn bill?" My "sewer bill" is very high and I also haven't obviously watered my lawn in 6 months.
For those of us not able to attend the last meeting, can a summary be made available explaining the change so we understand the increase?
Post a Comment