Thursday, December 2, 2010
Speed Bumps
I am wondering if I am the only person that believes we need speed bumps in our neighborhood. Especially on Redwood Trail near the curve in the road (just as you turn right off Beechwood). I know of two times now that people have driven off the road, running into a house, taking out trees, fences and mailboxes after going up over the sidewalk. I have heard of other instances on other streets as well. I need help documenting all of this. I'm wondering if anyone has any information. I have a daughter that rides her bike up and down these sidewalks, and have seen many people pushing strollers, walking dogs, walking to the pool, the school bus etc. that could have easily been killed. I can't believe how fast people drive down our road. I don't think I am the only one that notices this, I hope some people will step forward and help do something about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The accident involving the tree, fence, and house wasn't a speed issue. It was a lack of experience accident with an unlicensed driver.
(they took out my fence and hit the house next door)
But I do understand what you are saying.
I get really frustrated at the speeding drivers. The stop signs are still ignored.
I will document if I see these things.
I wouldn't be opposed to speed bumps as I have seen more than once cars traveling at higher speeds than is safe or necessary. I love near the parker road entrance on Beechwood and know there are lots of kids that play in the front yards and sidewalks.
I lived in a community with speed bumps and it did not help. Drivers would simply speed up even more to get to the next speed bump and then slow down. They are very hard on cars, not to mention snow plows.
Yea i think we visited the speed bump issue before, but then we wouldnt be able to plow or something
Post a Comment