Thursday, July 1, 2010

Utility marking

Anybody know what is going on?

Last night around 10:30pm, I had a crew in my yard placing utility flags, and paint marking the lawn, sidewalk and street. Since they used "blue" marking paint, I will assume they were doing the water lines.

I don't know if they were marking the entire neighborhood, but they doing Beechwood.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Maybe we'll get mailboxes, I think it's only on one side of the street. Just a thought.

Pardo said...

I was walking last night and saw them also. I Thought it was very odd that they were doing whatever it was they were doing so late at night. They were out there until almost Midnight.

Anonymous said...

Mailboxes would be nice. But why are the cable lines being marked, and in my yard I have a "blue" stripe running thru the lawn from the street toward the house.

Also, if it were mailboxes, and they were to be done like the rest of the neighborhood. 1 post serves 2 - 3 homes and they would only ned to mark the yard the mailboxes were going in.

I did email Scott to check.

scott & molly said...

Hi all. I have no idea...I am checking to see who was out there and what they were marking. If/When I actually get a direct answer, I will post it here and email people back.

Scott Hummel
scottdhummel@yahoo.com
Thornton Farms Board of Directors

Elizabeth Scott said...

From someone who has lived in the line of construction for more than two years: It happens all the time. Our front yard is getting spray painted at least once every three months. It is a fairly regular occurrence out here. As long as they are still building, they will be marking. I wouldn't worry about it or look too much into it.