This is not a complaint post. Noticed a new $8.60 Service charge added to the most recent water bill. On Scott's older posts there was a mention of a water service fee in addition to the water and sewer rates. I called the billing department, but they can't tell me what this $8.60 is used for. Could someone please shed some light on this issue?
7 comments:
From what I understand it's a charge for having a second meter read. Doesn't make sense to me that they're charging us to charge us, but that's what I was told.
Thanks for the response. Our house only has one meter, we don't have sprinklers, therefore no second meter. This is all very confusing. I was told that this flat rate charge will be applied to all residences on all subsequent bills.
When I saw the extra charge I too called. I was told that it was insurance type of charge, should your "indoor" meter fail (break, explode) they will come in and replace it at no charge. But this is only for the "indoor" meter
If I recall correctly there is also supposed to be a sewer fee of $7.66 per month that starts on January 1. Makes me even more interested in finding out what it's four. Between the two it will raise my water bill by over 25%.
Interesting, I was not aware of the impending sewer fee of $7.66 per month. I understand that the water and sewer rate increase is in line with Dexters and is suppose to help our HOA's bottom line, but who imposed these additional water and sewer fees? Does Dexter residents have such fees too? I am just trying to understand the situation.
Since we have "our" system I dont understand why we set(raise) our rates based on Dexter's rates/system. Comparing apples and oranges in my eyes. Also, I thought a prior post mentioned the service charges are due to outstanding HOA dues. Since most the outstanding fees have been collected (based on later post), why are we still doing this? Once again, apples and oranges. Why are my water rates raised because someone else isnt paying their Hoa dues? The next meeting will be interesting indeed.
I believe our water woes are directly related to the company (Highland Treatment) who is currently servicing our water facilities. I want to see an itemized account from this company! FULL DISCLOSURE! This company is NOT our only option, and Im not impressed by what I've seen so far living in TF for 2 months..
Post a Comment