I have updated more information on the Black Dog (aka Dusty) and how he is still hanging around. If yu want to read more please read the post labeled BLACK DOG...AGAIN!!!
Yea, he is always around. And Lucy tries to attack him now everytime he comes in our yard. Invisible fences work, but only if used properly. I know Lucy has broke free of her collar once, but it was an accident, she literally tore it off. Maybe Dusty needs a chain, and not an invisible fence? With Dusty it is an ongoing issue. I said something to her as she was walking by one day, and all she did was laugh at me.
Dusty is always in my backyard too. I live near his home and I think his appearance is in part to his "family" walking him and the new puppy (yes, everyone, they now have another-a yellow lab) between houses (this is not an easement, but on others property, and into the pond and woods behind the treatment plant-the Cypress cir/way redwood trail plant). If the owner would be courteous and walk the dogs on the sidewalks, stop cutting between houses and leave them on the leash this should alleviate the problem. There are several issues here, annoying dog, neighbors not respecting lot lines (nothing like someone 10 feet from your windows and doorwall during these lengthy dark hours) and the possibility of Dusty biting my children or dog or my dog biting him. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks (read that however you will).
Well all I have to say is I am not going to sit back and tolerate ignorant neighbors that obviously do not love their pet. If they did this would not be a joke and they'd actually get this dog trained professionally or give him to someone that CAN control him. I am sure he wouldn't be a terrible dog under the right training and owner.
As far as the owners disrespecting lot lines, I feel for you and your family. That has to be sooooo awful. I'd be going nuts living next to these people :( I feel so bad for anyone in that area. I wish there was more that we all could do about these types of things. Aren't our yards private property? Couldn't you get them for trespassing if you really wanted to? Put up a sign? Just brainstorming here but sheesh these people better wake up. I ABSOLUTELY have no problem hauling him off to the humane society and I WILL. One other thing too. Poor Lucy :( I feel so bad that he comes over there agitating her Melissa. I am glad that she at least is protecting her domain. Our dog has been in the house each time that he has came by thankfully. I don't have a problem with someone's dog occasionally getting loose but this dog is not occasionally getting loose. It's a matter of owners not even caring when they do and totally disrespecting their neighbors.
3 comments:
Yea, he is always around. And Lucy tries to attack him now everytime he comes in our yard. Invisible fences work, but only if used properly. I know Lucy has broke free of her collar once, but it was an accident, she literally tore it off. Maybe Dusty needs a chain, and not an invisible fence? With Dusty it is an ongoing issue. I said something to her as she was walking by one day, and all she did was laugh at me.
Dusty is always in my backyard too. I live near his home and I think his appearance is in part to his "family" walking him and the new puppy (yes, everyone, they now have another-a yellow lab) between houses (this is not an easement, but on others property, and into the pond and woods behind the treatment plant-the Cypress cir/way redwood trail plant). If the owner would be courteous and walk the dogs on the sidewalks, stop cutting between houses and leave them on the leash this should alleviate the problem. There are several issues here, annoying dog, neighbors not respecting lot lines (nothing like someone 10 feet from your windows and doorwall during these lengthy dark hours) and the possibility of Dusty biting my children or dog or my dog biting him. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks (read that however you will).
Well all I have to say is I am not going to sit back and tolerate ignorant neighbors that obviously do not love their pet. If they did this would not be a joke and they'd actually get this dog trained professionally or give him to someone that CAN control him. I am sure he wouldn't be a terrible dog under the right training and owner.
As far as the owners disrespecting lot lines, I feel for you and your family. That has to be sooooo awful. I'd be going nuts living next to these people :( I feel so bad for anyone in that area. I wish there was more that we all could do about these types of things. Aren't our yards private property? Couldn't you get them for trespassing if you really wanted to? Put up a sign? Just brainstorming here but sheesh these people better wake up. I ABSOLUTELY have no problem hauling him off to the humane society and I WILL. One other thing too. Poor Lucy :( I feel so bad that he comes over there agitating her Melissa. I am glad that she at least is protecting her domain. Our dog has been in the house each time that he has came by thankfully. I don't have a problem with someone's dog occasionally getting loose but this dog is not occasionally getting loose. It's a matter of owners not even caring when they do and totally disrespecting their neighbors.
Post a Comment