Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here are some more!



September 2005--I took this picture from where the construction trailer is now, facing West. They were working on the streets in the front half of the community.


October 2005: I think the streets were done in the front half of phase 1. They were getting ready to start on the streets in the back. (What we affectionately called "the back 40"). This picture was taken on Redwood Trail, facing south, looking at the big pond between Redwood and Boxelder.
October 2005--There used to be a gigantic hill running behind the homesites on the east side of Hawthorne Hill. (The hill came from the dirt that was taken out during the construction of the waste water treatment plant and all of the ponds). I took my truck up there to get some pictures. Unfortunately they didn't turn out that great. But this picture is from that hill looking west. The roads were cut in but no curbs yet. So if you look closely you can see where the roads would eventually be installed.


More October 2005--Standing on Boxelder (near where it curves to the north) facing East.







October 2005, looking East-ish on Redwood Trail from in front of the big pond. The big trees you can see are what are now next to the clubhouse.



December 2005!! Here's another picture from the parking lot at the sales trailer.












March 2006--We were finally able to move into the models in February and had a grand opening party in March.






March 2006--I think that around 65 families moved into their new homes here between February and the end of March. Here's a picture taken from almost that same spot as above on Boxelder looking East. I had to stand on a front porch to be able to get a good picture of the street because I couldn't get a good shot from the street--too many trucks blocking the view!
I was transferred to another community in May or June of 2006, so I don't have many more pictures between then and now to share.
I remember many of you were taking pictures too! Does anyone else have some to post?
I've really enjoyed watching this community go from a big lonely field to the welcoming, bustling place that it is now!
The pictures that I posted are just a few of the ones that I have. If you'd like to see more feel free to email me or stop by!
Jaime

1 comment:

Matt and Karen said...

These are great, Jaime! Thanks!