Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Drainage problem

Is anyone else having trouble with new landscaping after removing sod and tilling? I've done that in the past 4-5 weeks and am already losing some plants. Their roots are rotting. If I water at all a mudpuddle forms under the mulch and stays for at least a couple of days. I sink in if I walk on it - if I dig into it, it's mud pudding. Centex site person came out and took a look - feels it's just not settled yet underneath the sod so not draining away. My question to him was had something in the drainage system broken.

I moved in on March 27, 2007 but didn't do anything with landscaping until this spring. The maple tree by the curb went in a couple of months ago and also is not looking healthy. I've watered - now wondering if I watered it too much.

Any suggestions?? Sump pump has not come on. Thanks. T. Johnson, Cypress Way.

3 comments:

Harmony said...

We're also intrigued/frustrated by our mud puddles. Seems like with such a sandy base drainage shouldn't be an issue. We don't have landscaping yet but our sod has been in for about a year now and the back yard floods across the middle regularly - sometimes just from multiple neighbors watering their lawns on the same day. Is this a problem with grade that Centex is supposed to fix? We've never been sure how to approach it.

Melissa said...

lol so we arent the only ones with grading issues i see......centex says that if it dries (within 3 days i think) it is not an issue they deal with....our yard FLOODS with every rainfall....now we are just going to put a weeping willow or some other tree in to see if that helps some......

Harmony said...

Melissa...thanks for sharing their view on it. I'll have to keep count next time. :)