We moved in to the Dexter community in June and my oldest son will start Kindergarten this fall. My husband and I are trying to decide which school to send him to - Bates or Cornerstone. Does anyone have any comments on either school to help my husband and I with our decision?
Thanks!
Andrea
6 comments:
You won't really have a choice in which school he attends. The school decides. You may be able to put down a preference, but there is no guarantee. At least, that's what we were told when we enrolled our first grader this year. He goes to Cornerstone and we love his teacher this year!
Good luck and welcome to the community.
The school decides. We have had kids in both schools, and really have no school preference. I think the individual teacher matters more than the school.
Just found out Kinergarten parent info night will be held at Cornerstone on Feb. 15 from 5:30 or 6 until 7pm. Kindergarten registration will be April 13th or 14th. If you call the school and give them your name, they'll add you to their database so you can receive more info by mail. 734-424-4240, X-3012. I spoke with Carla Wilson at Bates who was very helpful.
My oldest just started Kindergarten last fall. Dexter schools chose her school and the time of day she would be attending. I tried to change her time of day, and they wouldn't work with me, even after speaking with the principal. Everything has worked out perfectly, and my daughter loves her teacher. Bates is wonderful, but I have heard great things about both schools.
Just to keep your options open... I am a teacher at Honey Creek Community School, a small charter school located in the High Point building on Wagner between Liberty and Scio Church. I teach middle school, but we have an excellent elementary school program. Project based, multiage, etc. We are similar in structure to Ann Arbor Open. For more information, we have an enrollment meeting on Monday night from 5:30-7:30. Check out our website at www.honeycreekschool.org
I investigated this heavily before our oldest started K in the fall. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who will say anything negative about either school. As mentioned by Kristyn above, Bates has worked out well for us as her teacher is excellent.
Post a Comment