Does anyone else have this problem?
In our master bath we have the double sink. The sink on the left always smells HORRIBLY of sewer whenever water goes down the drain. It is getting to the point where I cannot brush my teeth at that sink because when I rinse my mouth out the smell makes me want to barf.
It is definitely the drain and not the water -- it is as if sewer gas comes out when water runs down the drain. It is only in that one sink which I think is bizarre. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on a solution? I really don't want to redo any plumbing if I don't have to.
I would appreciate any advice!!!
2 comments:
My guess is that something is stuck in the sink causing the smell. If a bottle of drain cleaner doesn't work (poured down both sinks) then I would suggest removing the P-trap and either replacing it or cleaning it.
It's a simple procedure and one I've done a few times. It'll probably take a couple hours but worth it if you can't even stand over the sink. Just a warning though that the p-trap will stink real bad and you'll want to have paper towels/rags under it to catch any water that spills out during the process.
Actually I have noticed this too, but for me, I think it is the water itself. All my sinks stink, and I think the water stinks. I also think it tastes horrible too. We've been buying bottled water for about 3 months now.
We even have a water softener and the taste is still almost unbearable.
Post a Comment