Dear parents I saw at the pool tonight around 11:00 pm,
I should have taken your names. Why would you ever let a group of teenagers that apparently you were supposed to be supervising go swimming at the pool at 10:00 pm? Not only is this past the "operating hours," but I am not convinced that they should have been there unsupervised regardless of time of day. They consistently made noise that disturbed me and my neighbors that live by the pool. THEN one of them started a fight that could have, and probably did cause injuries. This is a terrible liability, a terrible disturbance, and exactly how the pool gets vandalized at night. Thank you for coming to pick them up, but next time don't let them go at all. I know it has to be a challenge raising teenagers, but keep a closer eye on them. Next time, I will take names.
Sincerely,
Neighbor of the Pool.
8 comments:
Lets hope the kids used their key card and are swiftly banned from the pool. I was sick last night and missed all of this as a neighbor of the pool but I am DISGUSTED. I was told they were skinny dipping as they were screaming about being naked. There's no way I'm swimming today. I'll be placing a call to the HOA to make sure this is taken care of. The police were called but never came. This is just a blatantly ignoring the rules and should not have happened.
Shame the police never came.
The kids probally didn't use their key card, but hopped the fence. I hate to say it, but if the kids & their families are banned from the pool the kids will just hop the fence.
Only solutions I can see:
1) resident monitors - everyone takes a turn, couple of hours, couple of times a week. Not much good for after hours.
2) cameras - this costs money.
3) replace the fence, with one that "can't" be climbed
4) Close the pool FOREVER. This punishes everyone. Not the best choice for those that have done nothing wrong.
The police did come at about 11:15, but just drove by, turned around and left. They didn't even check the pool. I have the plate number of one of the parents cars and have given it to Scott. I suggested sending out a warning letter to everyone about the incident and if this happens again, close the pool. Maybe we'll try again next summer. I would also like the police to go talk with this parent and issue a warning. Next time this happens, I will walk over with a video camera in hand.
Can someone tell me when this took place?? What night exactly? If it was Tuesday the 15th (last night) the police did come out, but because we called them because we had a very intoxicated teen boy on our deck around 11:30, bleeding! Our dogs went crazy so my husband went to look and there was some kid just standing on our deck coming towards the door. He said he was looking for Molly, said he was drunk and only had swim shorts on..I told my husband to call the police (because it scared me that someone was on our deck so late at night!) and they showed up about 20 minutes later. State troopers (2 cars)..they found the kid. They came back to our house with him to make sure it was the right kid. I'm wondering if this kid was part of this or not, because if so, the cops do have one of the kids names at least..they put him in their car to take him home I believe.
Can someone tell me when this took place?? What night exactly? If it was Tuesday the 15th (last night) the police did come out, but because we called them because we had a very intoxicated teen boy on our deck around 11:30, bleeding! Our dogs went crazy so my husband went to look and there was some kid just standing on our deck coming towards the door. He said he was looking for Molly, said he was drunk and only had swim shorts on..I told my husband to call the police (because it scared me that someone was on our deck so late at night!) and they showed up about 20 minutes later. State troopers (2 cars)..they found the kid. They came back to our house with him to make sure it was the right kid. I'm wondering if this kid was part of this or not, because if so, the cops do have one of the kids names at least..they put him in their car to take him home I believe.
Sarah- Yes, that was the kid that was starting the fight. It was last night at about 11:30 when he went running from the pool.
Shouldn't the parents of these kids that got dropped off be responsible for this damage? The kid was probably harmless, but it's not very comforting knowing some drunk kid, who just started a fight was bleeding and on our deck. A little scary..for our 4 yr old son too who woke up and got out of bed when all this happened. I'm really glad the police showed up and took care of it though. I was very impressed with how quickly they reacted. And yes, they should have this kids name and info to find out who was there, I'd think
i am willing to volunteer my time to sit at the pool. There should be block of time, we as neighbors, during pool hours sign up for. I am thinking 9a-12, 12-3, 3-6 and 6-9. We get a sign in sheet that has name, date and address on it, age for the younger kids and they have to show a id or key card or won't be let in. And there should be a spot for how many guests they are bringing with them. I am home for the summer and I am more than willing to put this together.
Post a Comment