Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cops at the bus stop.

Does anyone know why??

10 comments:

Jen said...

I haven't gotten any crime alerts from the county except the bank robber chase yesterday evening that occurred at Dancer/ Jerusalem/ and Parker. Even saw the cops fly by on parker.

Melissa said...

nevermind......they are thinking of moving the bus stop and had the trans person and police trying to figure out a more efficient place :0)

Jen said...

Oh wow! Great to know!

Barbara Burrell said...

Yes! That would be great. I hate he way things are set up at the moment. It is unsafe. I know that they say that they cannot run a bus down the streets because of if there were a fire the two vehicles could not go down the street at the same time but honestly, the way things are at the bus stop now. If there were a fire they'd never get through all of the cars at the stop in the evening either. The street is congested heavily at that time. Something needs to be done. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll make things better soon. I had heard there was a break in at the club house :) Good to know that wasn't true. Unless that's another story in and of itself.

Melissa said...

I dont know anything of a break-in. I called the sherriff, transportation, and cornerstone. The sherriff said there were no issues out here they were aware of, cornerstone didnt know what was going on, and transportation is the one that said they are trying to find a more efficient place for the bus stop.

Anonymous said...

I have a simple question for Barb. If you could move the bus stop, where in the community would you put it. Remember during the winter it will still be dark when the kids get picked up, so there HAS to be a light there.

I can't think of any place in the community that is "better" for the bus stop. so i don;t think that the school district will be moving it.

Just my 2 cents

Barbara Burrell said...

Chuck,
If it were left up to me I would have the bus drive down the main streets Beechwood/Redwood and pick children up at designated bus stops at each corner. For instance I live on Hawthorn Hill and everyone that lives on Hawthorn Hill would simply walk to the end of Hawthorn Hill and wait on the corner of Hawthorn/Redwood. It's no more dangerous than having them at that crazy mess at the clubhouse that's for sure. Transportation refuses to do this saying it's fire safety issue but it's no more of one than blocking the streets at the bus stops in the evening. Besides other buses run down these streets everyday I see them :) Basically what I would like is for it to run through the major streets that the smaller streets connect off of and just have the kids wait at the corner of their own street. The bus doesnt need to come to every home. I doubt it would ever happen but that's my imput.

Barbara Burrell said...

Oh and as far as the light issue. Only one way to have light (put up light fixtures). It has been really bad at the bus stop as of late. It never use to be as bad as it seems to be now. I don't know what has changed to cause this if anything but it seems much heavier in traffic now than before. Honestly there is not alot of options. I prefer my children to be picked up at their street corner rather than at the club house even if we have not the greatest light out there in the morning. I will be happy to volunteer to take turns to watch the children at my stop and even leave my porch light on to give off more light.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Barb. I'm already on my way into the office before the kids are even heading to the bus stop.

Melissa said...

I dont know that they are moving it....they are looking at different options, and that is why the 3 police cars and transportation guy were here. I havent called transportation to see what they decided but I do know that they were trying to make it more efficient.