Where to begin? I agree with you on all issues. People must be willing to show up for meetings if they want change to occur.
Agendas aren't normally sent out because the agenda is set, but the discussion topics are brought forward from the members. We can get topics ahead of time, but residents are always allowed (and encouraged) to bring up issues at the meeting.
The economy is an issue, but we all live here and need to do what we can do in order to make this the best place possible to live.
I understand people are upset about various issues, but without voicing their concerns...those concerns will never get resolved. You (and anyone) are always welcome to email or call me and I will do my best to resolve those issues.
As far as the blog, this blog is run by a resident here in the community. He runs it and it costs the community nothing. Facebook and/or Twitter pages would be great, but we obviously need someone to set them up. I will admit I don't use either, so I can't help on those issues. If you would like to set up a facebook page, I'll check into it..but can't imagine why it would not be allowed if it's for the betterment of the community.
If I've missed anyting, please let me know. I agree about the builder not showing up to the meeting, I've voiced my displeasure in the past as well. This can NOT discourage us though. We do not have a majority of votes, but any issues that have come up, Lombardo has been pretty good about helping us with.
Scott Hummel 8142 Cypress Circle scottdhummel@yahoo.com
So there is no confusion: I am a different Scott than the one on the board.
Have I given up on the Thornton Farms Homeowners association and the board of directors? Yes.
Why, you may ask?
The board of directors, homeowners association and Kramer triad do not communicate with us (the homeowners).
We (the homeowners) are the customer.... but more than that we pay for the services in the community. This makes us shareholders in a way. What company with shareholders does such lack of action, lack of communication, and lack of direction? None. What company would treat their customers the same way? Again none.
What are we paying for? Honestly Kramer Triad and the homeowners association and the board promised us almost 2 years ago that everything would be 'better and different' That has not happened.... and in my opinion things are worse.
What is the board doing about any of this? I dont know. Theres no real 'official' communication... and this blog is NOT official communication.
WHO are the board members other than Scott? I dont know. How do we get ahold of the other board members? I dont know. How do we contact the homeowners association? I dont know. What are the active agenda items and problems that the board is working on? I dont know. What was the agenda of the last board meeting? What were the action items from the last board meeting? What were the meeting notes from the last board meeting? I dont know because they are not published.
See a pattern here? I do
Kramer triad is a 'front man' for the board with no real ability to DO anything about these issues. (I really dont understand what kramer triad does anyway...but thats an aside)
Needless to say, I have zero faith in anything verbal at this point. The board, homeowners association, and kramer triad should show us regularly in writing what is being done. (two meetings in 22 months is NOT regular communication)
Build a plan, document a plan, communicate the plan, execute the plan, then communicate the results.
Regular communication (and showing us actions) will go a long way in getting homeowners like me to believe that this might turn around and be a place to stay.
2 comments:
Where to begin? I agree with you on all issues. People must be willing to show up for meetings if they want change to occur.
Agendas aren't normally sent out because the agenda is set, but the discussion topics are brought forward from the members. We can get topics ahead of time, but residents are always allowed (and encouraged) to bring up issues at the meeting.
The economy is an issue, but we all live here and need to do what we can do in order to make this the best place possible to live.
I understand people are upset about various issues, but without voicing their concerns...those concerns will never get resolved. You (and anyone) are always welcome to email or call me and I will do my best to resolve those issues.
As far as the blog, this blog is run by a resident here in the community. He runs it and it costs the community nothing. Facebook and/or Twitter pages would be great, but we obviously need someone to set them up. I will admit I don't use either, so I can't help on those issues. If you would like to set up a facebook page, I'll check into it..but can't imagine why it would not be allowed if it's for the betterment of the community.
If I've missed anyting, please let me know. I agree about the builder not showing up to the meeting, I've voiced my displeasure in the past as well. This can NOT discourage us though. We do not have a majority of votes, but any issues that have come up, Lombardo has been pretty good about helping us with.
Scott Hummel
8142 Cypress Circle
scottdhummel@yahoo.com
So there is no confusion: I am a different Scott than the one on the board.
Have I given up on the Thornton Farms Homeowners association and the board of directors? Yes.
Why, you may ask?
The board of directors, homeowners association and Kramer triad do not communicate with us (the homeowners).
We (the homeowners) are the customer.... but more than that we pay for the services in the community. This makes us shareholders in a way. What company with shareholders does such lack of action, lack of communication, and lack of direction? None.
What company would treat their customers the same way? Again none.
What are we paying for? Honestly Kramer Triad and the homeowners association and the board promised us almost 2 years ago that everything would be 'better and different' That has not happened.... and in my opinion things are worse.
What is the board doing about any of this? I dont know. Theres no real 'official' communication... and this blog is NOT official communication.
WHO are the board members other than Scott? I dont know.
How do we get ahold of the other board members? I dont know.
How do we contact the homeowners association? I dont know.
What are the active agenda items and problems that the board is working on? I dont know.
What was the agenda of the last board meeting? What were the action items from the last board meeting? What were the meeting notes from the last board meeting? I dont know because they are not published.
See a pattern here? I do
Kramer triad is a 'front man' for the board with no real ability to DO anything about these issues. (I really dont understand what kramer triad does anyway...but thats an aside)
Needless to say, I have zero faith in anything verbal at this point. The board, homeowners association, and kramer triad should show us regularly in writing what is being done. (two meetings in 22 months is NOT regular communication)
Build a plan, document a plan, communicate the plan, execute the plan, then communicate the results.
Regular communication (and showing us actions) will go a long way in getting homeowners like me to believe that this might turn around and be a place to stay.
Post a Comment