Monday, July 13, 2009

Chronic Speeders

8 comments:

Scott said...

I completely agree with the questions here. What are the matters that the Association is interested in acting on? There seems to be definite inconsitencies in the messages here. Both the Homeowner's association and the property management company (Kramer Triad) seen very uninterested in the safety of our community. I have had communications in the past about the parking in the file lanes, and other safety issues..... only to be told that 'its being worked on'

Speeders (teenagers) roar down Hawthorn Hill daily at at least 40-45 miles per hour with no cares about the children or the safety of others in the community.

When some speeder hits someone and there is an injury or death.... is that what it will take to get people interested? Is that what it will take to get the homeowners association to act? Egad, I hope that is not what it will take. I dont want to see anyone hurt. The bad press, declining home values, and general unhappy nature of our community turning into a lawless haven for reckless people.... well... I think we can all agree that we dont to see any of that happen.

We need a homeowners association that is willing to be involved in our community. We need a homeowners association where the rules apply to all equally, while still balancing our freedoms and respecting our right to expression. I would suggest that there our homeowners association has little or no involvement in the community. The lack of regular communication and no community meetings in what, 18 months now?.... and the general uninvolved state of the HOA is out out of hand, in my opinion.

Specific official communication, other than this blog needs to occur. An official community meeting (not an informal cookout) needs to occur asap. We need to communicate. Both the HOA to the co-owners, and the co-owners to the HOA. the co-owners really have no way to communicate to the HOA other than this blog, or through one individual.

I commend Scott Hummel, for having the character to be able to communicate with us..... unlike the rest of the board of directors or HOA. I recognize that Scott has been trying to bridge the gap between the HOA and the homewoners. However one person can only do so much.

Where's the 'frequently updated website' that Kramer Triad promised us? I can tell you where the website is.... and that it has probably less than 5 updates in the last 6 months..... none of which really address our issues.

I could go on.... but why? (shrugs) You all know what I am saying. I look forward to the homeowners association changing the status quo and starting a regular communication forum with the co-owners here in Thornton Farms.

Real Housewife of Broke County said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

We have a LONG way to go until we are at 66%....these issues are to the point that noone wants to live here once they get here. There have been times where we have thought lets just move out of the sub, and somewhere else into Dexter. I can't have the kids outside much because we live on Redwood and MANY people speed. I don't really know what can be done about that, because unless a cop is sitting here writing tickets it is going to happen. Maybe we can see about having one of those picture taking speed things put out for a while. I think that if the people are vandalizing, their whole home should't be aloud to use the pool. Its a privlege of the sub, not something that they just have the right to destroy. I don't understand why Kramer-Triad is around either, because you either can't get in touch with them, or they don't take care of things. The people in the quieter areas probably don't see as much as we see up front. These are real safety issues. This is supposed to be a child friendly neighborhood, but its not with the way things are. Also there are tons of parties going on into the middle of the night. Sometimes 3 or 4 in the morning. If someone has a party keep it quieter and DONT set of fireworks at 1:30 am. How would you feel if we came and banged on your door at 3 am on a work day?

Littles said...

Our home agrees with this post, and I can proxy for several on Cypress Way as well.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the car is a small silver neon, the girl has long black hair (usually in a pony tail), and the music coming through the open windows is usually pretty loud. The license plate probably reads something like BSF 0012. At least that's the description that Kramer Triad is getting in my forthcoming complaint (for all the good it will do).

I saw her doing the same thing earlier today (squealing tires and all), and she did it earlier earlier this week too. Just about hit some of the kids trying to cross the street. Both myself and another neighbor have yelled at her to slow down, but had no success.
I am so glad that someone called the police. Thank you!
Unfortunately her house is directly behind mine and we have had several other issues with them in the past 2 years. To be fair, they have been pretty good this summer and seem to be making a fair effort to address things.

A few months ago, I suggested that all intersections become all-way stops. I think this would be cheaper and safer than speed bumps. And much cheaper than a lawsuit.
Thoughts anyone?

Real Housewife of Broke County said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Real Housewife of Broke County said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scott & molly said...

Hi all. Whew, okay...I'm gonna try to cover everything here. I first would like to appologize for the delay in responding. I ran a tournament this weekend and haven't even looked at the blog, let alone done anything to respond.

First of all...PLEASE COMPLAIN!!! We can't do anything if we don't know WHO is doing "stuff." I live on Cypress Circle and I know exactly the car/person some of you are referring to. I have brought this person up before, but without anyone else having an issue...not much can be done. If we have formal complaints, we can issue warning letters, violation letters, fines, etc. So please, complain and be as specific as possible.

As far as pool vandalism, if you are SURE about the people involved, please let us know IMMEDIATELY. We have no idea. We do know the code was apparently given out as public knowledge to Dexter High School, which is odd because until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know there was a code...I used my key card.

I haven't heard (or seen) the stop sign idea (or if I have, I 100% appologize because I don't remember it) but I think that's a terrific idea. It won't help on a couple of the longer roads, but might be enough to help everywhere else. I am pretty darn sure we can get this one done without much trouble. I will work on this one, this week. Hopefully we can do this.

As far as meetings, I am willing to have a meeting anytime. I understand people'e frustrations and am willing to try and help alleviate some of the issues here at Thornton Farms. I have the same issues here with meetings. I still have not actually met with anyone from Lombardo Homes. Makes it pretty tough to move forward, when the people holding 3 votes (to our 2) have never made any type of effort to attend any sort of meetings. I am willing to set up a meeting (town hall type meeting) if people would like. I can NOT guarantee anything will get done, especially if we aren't getting Lombardo there, but I do understand your need for a voice and am certainly willing to try and get something set up. Please let me know what type of dates, times, etc you are looking for and I'll see what I can do.

I can assure you that NO one wants anyone to be hurt. The issues on the board's agenda right now are mainly financial. Safety is something that can be addressed at any point, but we need people in the community to let us know what's going on. I'm going to work on the stop sign issue and see what I can do. If there are any other safety issues, please let me, Mike or Dean know and hopefully we can address those issues. I happen to live on the curve that sees that same car squeeling tires on...I have 18 month twins, if something happened to them (or the child next door, 6 across the street, 2 - 2 houses down, etc...) it would be awful. I agree something needs to be done.

I appreciate the kind words from someone above, but Mike, Dean and I have all "signed up" for this and you deserve answers. I can't answer every question or solve every problem, but you can be sure I'm going to try. I am not always real popular when I post here, with updates, etc. but you all need to know, what I know. This seems to be the easiest way to keep people up to date. As I always say, if you have any issues, please let me know. Thank you to everyone here trying to make our community safer, better and a great place to live.

Scott Hummel
Thornton Farms Board of Directors
8142 Cypess Circle
scottdhummel@yahoo.com

Littles said...

Scott - it's been a few weeks since your last post... any word on the Stop signage yet? :)

All - I complained to the association about "speedy", but they told me that (as of that time), nobody else had submitted any complaints. This was surprising, to say the least! They did send out a warning letter, so I would encourage all of you to email Dean at KT if you notice any further unsafe driving!