Great to see everyone outside after a long winter.
Two questions/issues:
- When can we expect the snow removal company to come around and fix the sod plow damage that was done over the winter?
- It looks like we've lost a few residents to financial difficulties... at least one of their houses (just behind the sales office) looks like it suffered some damage to the garage door. More specifically, the trim above the garage seems to have broken and it's half hanging down. I can't imagine this is improving property values for the rest of us...
Who has point on these kinds of issues?
Chris
2 comments:
As far as the property damaged by the snow plow company, send me an email with your address and I can forward it on to Dean. I'm not sure what/when they will do, but I'll see what I can do for you.
For the homes that have been vacated, no one is a "point" person. They are still the responsibility of the people that own them. If there is something horrible, please let me know and I can try to take care of it...but we really need the people who are responsible for these homes to take care of them. Aside from having damage, many/most of these homes have not paid their dues either...so we are out money and have homes that need to fixed.
Thanks Scott.
Someone was around a few weeks ago and replaced my sod, so thanks go to someone.
On the other issue, frankly I don't see things improving without some initiative by current community residents, even if the actual owners have had to set aside their obligations here.
You've heard of "broken window syndrome" right? It can be summed up with "there goes the neighborhood". Without some basic improvements, I don't feel we're going to get the responsible and consciencious new residents that we need to keep the community looking good.
I've heard more comments from my neighbors this year than in any previous: that Thornton is becoming a glorified trailer park.
I don't like it, but what can we do? Many residents keep very good care of their premises, but many others don't.
Either way, someone could at least go by that abandoned/ damaged house with a ladder and nails and put the trim back up. I may get around to that myself soon... it's better than sitting around hearing how helpless the situation is...
Post a Comment