Friday, February 27, 2009

Kindergarten Help

My daughter will be entering Kindergarten in fall 2010. I am wondering if all of the children that live in Thornton Farms have PM Kindergarten? Right now my daughter has three-year-old preschool in the afternoon. Next year I am considering keeping her in afternoon preschool if she will then be in PM Kindergarten the following year.

Also, I am wondering how does the school district determine whether your child has AM/PM Kindergarten? And how do they decide whether your child goes to Cornerstone or Bates? I had heard there was a lottery but then I also heard it all depends on bus route as well.

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The bus route determines whether you are am or pm. However, kindergarten is supposed to be changing to full day, and I think it will be starting full day in 2010, it was voted down for 2009 because of money issues, but I think granholm said all schools must have full day by 2010, you can call Dexter and they should be able to let you know. The school you are going to be going to is a lottery, but if you have one child in school all future children will attend the same school that that child went to.