So now we can't even get our mail delivered now, thanks to Centex? Or is this an association problem?
This is absolutely ridiculous. I've been in my home for 10 months; every house on my street has been occupied for at least 6. Is there any valid reason that the mailboxes haven't been installed?!?
And now, I get to drive 10 minutes away just to pick up my friggin' mail?
There is no excuse for this. Absolutely none.
( I realize there are some of you who might not know what I'm talking about. For those who are unaffected, the post office won't deliver to the mailboxes in the front of the subdivision anymore. Since many homes STILL don't have boxes installed, we now have to drive to the post office to pick up our mail.)
19 comments:
Notice from the post office is dated 7/1/8.
Text: "All temp boxes must go to post office for the mail until boxes are at the street. Office was notified 6/20/8."
This is unacceptable, and is NOT a trivial matter. I would call this a critical matter. Our homeowners association and board of directors should have addressed this once they were notified 10 days ago.
Here's a glimmer of good news - this email hit Dean, the Board, and the Advisory Committee this morning in response to this:
Dean,
We have been in contact with the post office and have received an extension on completing the permanent mailbox installation for all phase I homeowners. I am not sure why the contractor dropped the ball on completing this. It was my understanding these were going to be installed in April / May.
Regards,
Randolph French
Land Development Project Manager
Centex Homes - Detroit Division
Office - (248) 233-8304
Cell - (248) 721-3162
According to this, we should see some action on those mailboxes finally.
- Matt
So we are or are not getting our mail delivered to the temporary mailboxes? There's no information on that.
Also extension of a deadline for completing the permanent mailboxes is not a solution. There is no commitment to completing the installation. They (Centex) can just keep delaying the completion of this issue because there is no pressure to complete the installations.
The following was verbally inidicated to be in a telephone conversation (this morning 7/2) with Dean Williams from Kramer Triad:
1.Mail will be delivered to the temporary mailboxes. The USPS will deliver mail normally.
2.Permanent mailboxes are to be installed throughout the community tomorrow and are supposed to be complete no later than the end of business tomorrow.
3.Kramer Triad and Centex are working with the USPS to ensure that mail will be delivered to the permanent mailboxes once they are installed.
I guess this got over looked once again...are we getting mail still since they screwed this up again?
Yes, this got messed up again.
I've been emailing Dean Williams from Kramer Triad. Dean indicated in email that he will 'look into this first thing Monday morning'.
According to the information I have, Centex and Kramer Triad got a 10-day extension on mail delivery to the temp mailboxes. I dont know what will happen after July 10th..... if we will or will not get our mail delivered to the temp mailboxes.
Everyone who is still waiting for their permanent mailboxes: Call Kramer Triad at 734-973-5500. Complain loudly that we dont have our permanent mailboxes. Ask for follow up. Dont take 'no' for an answer. We've all been waiting too long for this to get resolved. The more people that call and complain and ask for action may help to get this resolved instead of more 'misses'
CENTEX people are Crap....I dont think one of them truly cares about the people in any of their subs...We have lived here since March of 06 and we still dont have a mailbox
kramer-triad is saying the boxes will be installed wed and thursday of this week
New info!
Ok so today is wed and according to todd our posts are supposed to be being put in ahhh now....looking out my window I see or hear noone...I would have thought this would be a little bit of a longer process and here it is after one and no work being done..their final say was posts today boxes tomorrow....just spoke to my neighbor and she was at the post office this morning, she spoke to the postmaster and our mail lady and after today no more mail at all whatsoever...they are not even holding mail everything is being sent back as return to sender address unknown or something of that nature...that means anything that the postoffice recieves for us today and beyond will never reach us..our mail will be delivered as scheduled today, but after that they said there are no ifs ands or buts about it that Centex has known about this for MONTHS (since march-ish) and has done nothing...I think we should call channel 4 problem solvers LMAO
still no posts even though i was told this morning they were in
Hi everyone,
All of us at Centex are so sorry for the frustration and inconvenience.
It is my understanding that many of the mailboxes were installed over the last few days. A representative from Centex will be here Monday to confirm that the work that had been contracted has been completed.
We care very much about solving this issue. Please email me if you still do not have a mailbox and I will make sure that it is completed.
Jaime
JLByrd@CentexHomes.com
Centex was notified in March of this issue. It took two cutoff notices from the US postal service, as well as many phone calls and emails from the homeoners here in Thornton Farms to get this issue resolved. The facts of the issue dont show the 'excellent customer service' that both Centex and Kramer Triad try to say that they both excel at.
Centex and Kramer Triad should get their act together and start communicating and resolving issues. For example: When will the streets repaving get done? Will that wait another year or two as well?
Whats going on with Centex "pulling out of Michigan?
It would be a nice change of pace if Centex and Kramer Triad actually communicated what is going on with outstanding issues and not let them hang out there till they blow up in all of our faces.
I have a little bit more information now. I will try to keep you all as updated as I can.
First, I want to make sure that everyone knows that the mailbox issue has nothing to do with Kramer-Triad. Please call or email me directly with mailbox concerns and I will make sure that the appropriate people are informed.
I know that several of you without mailboxes have lived here for a long time without them. Please keep in mind, though, that we are at the mercy of the post master. When you originally moved in, we weren't allowed to install a permanent mailbox for your home. Once the post master tells us we can, we start the process of having it installed. If I understand it correctly, we were given approvals for permanent mailboxes in sections...not the whole community at once. So depending on where you are in the community we may not have gotten approval until more recently.
One of the things that has delayed us, once we received approval from the post master, is cement and grade work. We need to complete other cement and grade work prior to installing the mailboxes. However, homeowners who closed during the wintertime are a priority. I'm sure those of you who closed without a final driveway or grade can appreciate this. Due to the rain we've been having, our cement contractors were delayed in other communities, which caused other trades involved in the grading to be delayed as well.
Centex has been keeping the post master informed of the situation.
As for roads: There are many steps involved in installing the topcoat as well. We needed to complete the curb repairs, which as I already mentioned was delayed due to weather. I was told this morning that those have now been completed. Centex is in the process of working with the Township for approval to start work. However, the township only is open two half-days a week, so this is another obstacle.
You will be kept informed of the dates of the road paving via signs at the entrance and by letters in your mailbox. I will also try to post updates here.
Someone also asked about Centex winding down in Michigan. There is another post that is on the blog that is accurate...thank you to whomever wrote it!
I am here to help you. When you call or email me I will always do whatever I can to help.
Here's how you can reach me:
Office Hours--I'm here every day, except Thursday and Friday. We're now closed those days. Sat, Sun, Tues, and Wed, I'm here 11am-6pm. Mondays I'm here 1pm-6pm.
Phone--734-424-1315
Email--JLByrd@CentexHomes.com
All the best,
Jaime
Does anyone else feel the mailboxes were installed really poorly? My mailbox for example is crooked compared to the rest. The whole top cross post is crooked compared to the road, and my mailbox is crooked compared to the other boxes. Worst workmanship I have ever seen, on what should be a really simple task.
Mark- yes they are installed VERY poorly! Our post is not secured at all. It wobbles all over and could easly be pulled right out of the ground. I would not consider the job done. I can understand that they wanted to get them in quickly, but they need to do the job correctly. This is crazy. As for Kramer Triad not being responsible, they are the property management company. They do have some responsiblity. If they are not in charge of planning things and getting things done w/the help of the builder then who is responsible. I think they both are. That is what we pay them for! And Kramer Triad gave different people different info. One of the times we called they told us it was all a big rumor and that the post office was not going to stop delivering mail. Another time they said something different. Apparently no one is responsible for anything around here and it takes people getting upset to get things done. As for the rds. The job was already planned, things should have been ready when they told us they were doing it the first time...now I guess we will wait another few months to get it done? By then it will be snowing and we will have another excuse to wait another year.
Hello,
Centex is not happy with the job that was done either. A coworker was here today who looked at the installation of each box and is in contact with the installer to fix them.
I also spoke with my coworker about the concrete repairs. Upon further inspection today he found that some have still not been completed. As of now, more repairs have been scheduled for this week. You will be seeing ramps from the street up to the sidewalks, so those of you on corners please expect some work to be done in your yards.
We are very frustrated by this too.
I'll keep you updated when I hear more.
Jaime
any update?
For some reason I'm not getting emails when there's a new post...I'll check my spam folder. I'm sorry it is taking me so long to respond!
I was told on Monday that PYP ordered all of the materials to complete the mailboxes, and that the materials were being delivered to them on Wednesday (today). The mailboxes are supposed to be completed Friday. When I say completed I mean that they are supposed to be anchored in the ground correctly, and need to be made consistent: painted, leveled, put at the right (and same) height, and the post should be the same height above the tops of the boxes.
We would also prefer that there only be three boxes per post (this is how they were designed). So in areas where there need to be four boxes, you should see two posts.
I'm not in the office on Thursdays and Fridays so I won't be able to talk with anyone at Centex until Monday to follow up if there are any concerns.
After PYP does the work, please contact me at JLByrd@CentexHomes.com if you find that there is a problem with your mailbox, and I'll pass it on to the appropriate person to get it fixed for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Jaime
well we have 5 on our post....kinda silly i think, and the people on the corners have to walk around the block to get their mail
Post a Comment